$250,000 in Additional Grant Funding Available



The Jordan River Commission and Salt Lake County are excited to announce the availability of $250,000 in grant funding for projects that help to implement the transportation elements of the Blueprint Jordan River vision.  This Community Connections Grant Program is generously supported by Salt Lake County and is being administered in partnership with the Jordan River Commission.

This announcement follows last week’s award of $500,000 in grants to communities and organizations proposing projects to improve the river corridor. The Jordan River Commission and its partners look forward to these projects and future opportunities to support and facilitate implementation of the Blueprint Jordan River.


Eligibility:  Only governmental members of the Jordan River Commission are eligible to apply.

Grant Amounts:  $250,000 is available for grants, and requests of any size up to this amount will be accepted and considered for funding.

Application Process:

Deadline: Proposals are due on December 2, 2015 at 5:00 and should be submitted via email to lahanson@utah.gov.

Award Announcements: Grants will be announced on January 13, 2015.

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged , , , , , , , , , | Comments Off on $250,000 in Additional Grant Funding Available

$500,000 in Grants Announced

Jordan-River_SLC-3   The Jordan River Commission (JRC) and the Utah Division of Forestry Fire and State Lands, are pleased to announce $500,000 in grants to fund improvements to the Jordan River corridor.  The funding, which was provided by the Utah State Legislature, will go towards a wide variety of projects from public boat launches, to restoration projects, to bridging the last gap in the Jordan River Trail. Eleven funding requests were received in response to a Request for Proposals, and totaled $1.1 million in requests.
The grant program offers funding up to 25% of the total project costs, and the remaining 75% will come from matching contributions raised by the project proponents.  With these matching contributions, the grant funding is being leveraged into $12.8 million in investments in the river corridor. “This is an exciting opportunity to collaborate as a region to enhance the Jordan River corridor,” says the JRC Executive Director Laura Hanson.  “We hope these projects help demonstrate what is possible for the Jordan River Corridor and help to build an even broader base of support for its continued enhancement.”
The Jordan River corridor, which runs through three counties and fifteen cities, provides many critical services, such as mitigating floods, recharging groundwater, filtering pollution, providing critical wildlife habitat, offering recreational opportunities and being an economic driver for the region.  The project funded by these grants will enhance the river corridor as a recreational destination, improve ecosystem integrity, and facilitate greater awareness of the opportunities for further enhancement of the river corridor. Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | Comments Off on $500,000 in Grants Announced