The Jordan River Commission is pleased to announce the next educational opportunity in the Best Practices for Riverfront Communities Training Series.
November 21, 2014
8:30 – 5:00 pm
Utah Cultural Celebration Center
1355 West 3100 South, Valley City, UT 84119
This full-day workshop will be taught by national experts, David Hirschman and Bill Stack from the Center for Watershed Protection, and is geared towards a broad audience of planners, engineers, landscape architects, developers, municipal public works departments, and ecologists.
Come ready to do hands on exercises and learn about:
- Tools for watershed restoration – from the rooftop to the river
- The art and science of storm water retrofitting, with hands-on training
- Stream restoration’s role in watershed restoration
- Large basin TMDLs: Lessons from the Chesapeake Bay and elsewhere
- How to score, rank and prioritize in context of a watershed plan
- Workshop participants will be eligible for 7.5 continuing education credits.
- Discounted registration costs are available to JRC members and partners.