We’re wrapping up the 8th Annual Salt Lake Countywide Watershed Symposium with a unique learning opportunity.
November 21, 2014
8:30 – 5:00 pm
Utah Cultural Celebration Center
1355 West 3100 South, Valley City, UT 84119
In partnership with the Salt Lake County Watershed Restoration and Planning Program and the University of Utah’s Ecological Planning Center, we invite you to join this full-day workshop will be taught by national experts, David Hirschman and Bill Stack from the Center for Watershed Protection.
The workshop is geared towards a broad audience of planners, engineers, landscape architects, developers, municipal public works departments, and ecologists. Come ready to do hands on exercises and learn about:
- Tools for watershed restoration – from the rooftop to the river
- The art and science of storm water retrofitting, with hands-on training
- Stream restoration’s role in watershed restoration
- Large basin TMDLs: Lessons from the Chesapeake Bay and elsewhere
- How to score, rank and prioritize in context of a watershed plan
- Workshop participants will be eligible for 7.5 continuing education credits.
- Discounted registration costs are available to JRC members and partners.