Get Into the River Sponsorship
Get Into The River
Presented by Wells Fargo
2015 Jordan River Festival
Conservation Day – May 12 • Festival Celebration – May 14
What: “Get Into the River” is a collaborative project to conserve, protect, restore and celebrate the Jordan River Parkway, which has 45 miles of nearly continuous, non-motorized paved trails along the Jordan River. The Jordan River is 51 miles long and flows from Utah Lake to the Great Salt Lake.
When: Conservation Day • Thursday, May 12
- Corporate and community organizations will join in a variety of conservation efforts in the river and along the Jordan River Parkway.
- Conservation efforts include removing trash and dead foliage, pulling weeds, re-seeding areas with native plants, pruning trees, removing graffiti, refreshing paint, as well as other restoration tasks.
- Volunteer teams will spend approximately four hours working along the Jordan River. Limited designated areas will be assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Festival Celebration • Saturday, May 14 • all day
- The public is invited to learn about the animals and habitats supported by the river and how communities and individuals are enjoying it each and every day.
- Member municipalities of the Jordan River Commission will host celebration festivities along the Parkway
- Nonprofit and community partners will give educational presentations and recreational demonstrations during the festivities.
Why: The Jordan River corridor is considered the “hydrological backbone” of the Salt Lake Valley, hosting a veritable array of wildlife, native plants and natural areas within the heart of our urban life. The Get Into the River efforts seek to highlight this open space treasure. Working together, we can collectively protect, restore and provide access to this natural resource for our community today, and the generations of tomorrow.
Festival Partners – Bluffdale City, Cottonwood Heights, Davis County, Draper, Midvale City, Murray City, North Salt Lake, Riverton City, Salt Lake City, Salt Lake County, Sandy, Saratoga Springs, South Jordan City, South Salt Lake, Taylorsville, Utah County, West Jordan, West Valley City
For more information, contact us at GetIntoTheRiver@gmail.com